Monday 5 March 2012

reminder Give A Way and a question

Hi all
hope you have had a good weekend, could not believe it I now have 112 followers, hello and welcome to my blog
thank you all for the lovely comments,
remember to write a comment to enter my first Give A Way, I will be drawing the winner on Wednesday 7th March, that's another thing, we are into March already, where is the time going?

I have a question for you, I want to get a new camera, mine is not to bad at taking photos but I would like to update it, so can anyone suggest what camera would be best for taking pictures of miniatures, any suggestions would be welcome.

what have I been up to this weekend, I am still painting the outside walls of the doggy salon, also the windows and doors, so I will not bore you with pictures of that, I kept changing my mind about what colour to use, today I hope to be putting the windows and door in place, and hopefully finishing off the walls, out of everything I do with miniatures I must admit I find painting boring.

While I was waiting for the paint to dry, I did a couple of projects, I am doing a charity farye next  Sunday, I am taking my shabby chic stuff, but also decided to take some of my minis, you never know someone may buy them, so I need to get some bits done to take,
I took a black pram and I am changing it, I first painted the wheel spokes in gold and the wheels in white, I found some lovely snakeskin looking paper, so I have used that to cover the pram, this is the first time I have used paper and I think it has come out pretty well, I have got to varnish it this morning to make sure it does not rip or tear.
I then made the covers, I still have a bit more to do, I have got to make a tray to sit under the pram and a bag to hang on the handle, I used to make a lot of these prams, they always seem to sell well on eBay, maybe I should try them again, not sure, will think about it.
I also had a sleigh bed which I have painted and will be dressing today. have put a pictures on so you can see what I am up to.
well that's all for now, don't forget to enter the Give a way, see you all soon



the boring black pram

after painting

after painting, what do you think of the snakeskin paper?

a little cradle I also did, I painted it pale pink, distressed it, and then made covers

5 comments:

Anna said...

they look very nice! Greetings!!

Unknown said...

The design of the pram is wonderful. I love the snakeskin paper.
Hugs from Craftland

Drora's minimundo said...

I love the pram. What a change!
The tiny bed is very sweet.
Hugs

Fabiola said...

I like the new painted pram.
Bye Faby

Chris P's Minis and More said...

Beautiful pram count me in. I got a really nice easy to use and very good for closeups for miniatures not very expensive Samsung ST65/ST67
I got a carrying case, len cleaner kit, tripod and batteries and wrist holder all for $114.00 but it was on sale at BJ's wholesale in USA check it out online..not sure where you are from .