Wednesday 18 April 2012

strange day yesterday

Hi all
it was a strange day yesterday, as you know I had prepared myself for not being able to do anything!! so when I went into my work room thinking I will start to decorate my shabby chic shop, I found I could not get my self in gear to start, I sat and just looked at my work, I thought read some of your many books, tried that, could not concentrate, then I thought just pick something up, so I did, I have another bed that I had started some time ago, but even that did not get me going.
Then I thought start to decorate my shop, even that did not work.
I think what it was I had been preparing myself for my operation and in my mind I still had the thoughts of what I would be doing with out the use of my rt arm.

What I did in the end is sat and read through your lovely blogs, gradually I started to feel better in myself and could turn my thoughts to my miniatures.
I thank you all for giving me back my inspiration and making me feel better.

I then went back into my work room and got started.

It was difficult to decorate as the shop was already built, I like to decorate before construction, so armed with my hammer, I managed to take off the roof and the base, I left the rest as it looked as I could do some damage.
I decided that the shop would have rough plastered walls and a old wooden floor,
I mixed up some wall filler and applied it to the walls, making it hopefully look rough, when it had dried, I mixed up white and light brown and painted it, I still need to dirty it up a bit, that's one of the jobs for today. I also gave the wooden floor a light wash of white paint, I wiped it over before it dried, so only the slightest amount of white was left, I then applied a matt varnish to protect it.

On the next floor, which will be the living space, I wallpapered the ceiling with some embossed paper, and I had some nice striped wallpaper so that went on the walls.
After my bad start I was pleased with what I had done, and I was very glad I have got my mojo back.

Just a update on my health problems, I have contacted my GP and she is now referring me to the chest clinic, so now got to wait for an appointment.

there are also some pictures of some of the bits I got from the fair, I do have some more, but I forget to pick them up, luckly I contacted the people I got them from and they found them and are going to send them to me, so when they arrive will show you.

Here are some photos of yesterdays work.


the walls, plastered, not yet painted

the wooden floor

items from the fair, ( I have a thing about material) the baskets are so delicate

I loved this

how cute is this

3 comments:

Jazzi said...

Glad to hear you are in good hands and got your mojo back! Hugz J xx

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
I think we all have days like that! And with all on your mind it's normal to have to step back.
I'm glad you got back into it beause the floor and the plaster walls look very nice! Love the fabrics.
All the best,
Giac

Drora's minimundo said...

I learned a new word - MOJO. Does it mean Muse? It's good to see what you've been motivated and able to produce with your mojo back. Great work!
Keep your spirits high!
Hugs