Saturday 3 November 2012

Drama day

Hi all

why does it seem like I take 2 steps forward, 4 steps back, let me explain, the last few day I have been feeling incredibly tired, I put it down to the weather and how cold it is now getting, well yesterday I had a real drama day, got up, felt a bit rough but carried on, had a coughing fit and coughed up some blood, thought this is not quite right, but will get my ironing done and wait to see what happens, well for the next hour I continued to cough and show blood, in between ironing my clothes, also was getting more breathless, so my son by now was getting more worried, so we rang the NHS helpline, I was explaining what was going on and they decided I needed an ambulance and a trip to the hospital.

Off I go, I am then subjected to a series of blood tests, and I have the bruises to prove it!!, oxygen therapy and an xray, it turned out that my clotting levels had dropped, this was causing the bleeding and making me tired, so they upped the dosage of my warfarin. Bit of a buggar as I had just been allowed to go 8 weeks between blood tests, so I am now back to weekly tests, the doctor said, my blood is to unstable to go for long periods between tests,
Anyway feeling much better now, but have strict instructions to rest, for those that know me this is a hard thing for me to do, but I know I have to, so no minis for me this weekend, but I may just sit and do some cross stitch I am sure that is not to taxing.

The things we have to live with. But then when I look around the world and see what is happening I feel my problems are little in comparison.

I hope our friends in America are recovering from their dreadful storms
have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Anna said...

o, please do rest...and try to do some minis while sitting around!!! Praying for you, hope you will get better soon!! ..You are right, there are many more things going on around the world...but still, it is not always easy coping with one's own!!! :)

Peggy said...

Debbie, I'm so glad you rang for help in time. What a scare it must have been. I hope you feel better soon and I'll keep you in my thoughts. Take care of yourself!
Huge mini hug,
Peggy

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Good recovery Debbie.
Hugs
Wyrna

Drora's minimundo said...

You do have to take care. I wish you a quick recovery.
Hugs, Droa

Marisa said...

please rest and take care of yourself, we recovered from the storms here in Ohio but up north is another story (which is why I didn't move there)

take good care of yourelf :)

Love
Marisa