Monday 14 May 2012

my weekend

Hi All
Do not like to brag, but I am going to, we have just had 3 days of sunshine, yes you heard me the sun has been shinning, did not last, got up this morning to rain!!
I did manage to get some gardening done, my son mowed the lawn, and I did a bit of weeding, I did have plans to do more this week, but have to wait for a nice day again.

Up very early this morning 5am!!!!! my pain levels are quite high, sure the damp weather does not help, I took my tablets but they did not help very much, so in the end I got up and decided to work on my shabby shop, sometimes distraction works, its helping a bit, so
I did do some miniature work, I have finished one side of the roof, I added some black card, which I varnished to the side of the window, this is to represent lead flashing, I have painted some straws black, going to see if I can make the guttering and drain pipes from them, one of my projects for today.

The other side of the roof, I decided because I did not have enough slate tiles to make the tiles from large lolly sticks, after a lot of cutting to the shape I needed I stuck them on the roof, I have given it a base coat of grey, when this dry I will add more colours and moss to finish it off, I did not think it would matter that much if I did not use the slate tiles as we very seldom see the back, so hopefully by using paint I can get it to look like slate, will be working on that today.

I have finished the inside of the shop front, I have made the net curtains to match the other ones, it id not have glass to put in the shop windows, so I have used acetate with a light brown flower pattern on both shop windows, its looks very good, so was pleased with how it came out.

I have also found a name for the shop, "Romantic Rummage" what do you think?

I have added Victorian chatelaines to my for sale page.

pictures of the roof and inside of shop front



the black card to represent lead flashing

back roof

if you look you can just see the acetate






3 comments:

Fabiola said...

Very beautiful. I'm curious to see the inside.
Bye Faby

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
I'm sorry the pain is still so strong. I hope it will get better soon. The shop is looking wonderful. i love the roof. Keep up the great work.
Have a great week,
Giac

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado genial el acabado del tejado, me encanta.
besitos ascension