Friday 23 March 2012

I visited Argos, oops I mean the hospital

 Hi all
Well today I went for my pre op appointment, forgive me if I mistook it for Argos. I presented myself at the reception desk, and here it starts, I was given a number C14, I have now become a number, I then go to the very large waiting room, lovely area, very clean,
there are various waiting areas with reception desks, then we wait for your number to be displayed on the large screen, at last my number is there, I present myself to the 2nd reception desk, jokingly I said I have come to collect my order, now that went down like a lead balloon,  I was then taken by the nurse and we started to fill in the book that will reveal all my details, will not bore you with all that, I was bored and it was about me!!, then we get to the Warfarin, she says it has to be stopped, I said no way, its too risky, then came the phone calls, 3 calls later we still do not have an answer, I am waiting for a phone call to tell me what they have decided to do. Anyway I leave this nurse and now I am allowed to sit in the yellow area, I have to have blood tests and an ECG, so I am now in the ECG waiting area, there is a big notice that says this area is for ECG patients only, again I wait for my number to appear, finally it does, I give nearly a pint of blood ( well a bit of an exaggeration ) but it felt like it, have my ECG, I am now allowed home.
As an ex nurse you would of thought that I would have a good understanding of the system and how it works, I thought I did, but I did think we used to treat patients as people, now I have become a number.

No minis to show you today, I have had enough excitement, I had been trying to make hedgehogs, but all my experiments failed, cannot seem to get it right, maybe I will leave it for a while.
I have been giving my latest shop I brought for the bargain price of £16.00 and what I could do with it, I am thinking along the lines of a shabby chic shop, what do you think.
have popped a picture on to remind you what it looks like.

I am now going to have a large drink to get over the trauma of today, bye for now



my bargain shop

2 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Our Medical System is more or less like yours. Every detail computerized and sometimes your doctor doesn't even look at you he is busy feeding details into the computer. At least you kept your sense of humour.
The shop looks great and quite a find. I Think shabby will look nice.
Take care
Hugs

Rosamargarita said...

Oh Debbie, siento mucho que tengas que pasar por estas cosas, yo trabajo en un hospital y es verdad, se ha perdido el sentido de "ser persona"
Un abrazo