Tuesday 27 March 2012

bargain buys

Hi All.
I will not bore you with the ongoing problems with my drugs and my forthcoming operation,just to say, I wish one of them will make up their minds over what is going to happen.

I felt better today, so I went into town, it has been ages since I had visited my cheapy shops, I was having withdrawal symptoms and the only cure was to find some bargains, and I did.

I got a lovely bird box, and I am sorry but the birds are not having it, it is staying in with me.
I then picked up 3 picture frames, these I will make into mirrors, then out of the corner of my eye I spied a fantastic book, Antique style, Projects from a bygone era, it is full of Victorian projects, so many ideas to use for miniatures.

I did do a bit of work as well today, I am going ahead with the shabby chic shop, I already have some furniture, I have rubbed it down and it is ready for painting, will show you when I have finished.

I got given a small shadow box, I have turned it into a shabby chic box, I think its turned out quite good, have put on a photo for you to see what you think.

well that's it for now, I will leave you with the photos.


the lovely bird house

side view

the picture frames and a buckle that I think I can turn into a mirror

inside the book showing one of the projects

my shabby chic shadow box


3 comments:

Maria Ireland said...

Wow fantastic buys. I love the birdhouse lol I wouldn't let the birds have it either. Your shadow box is beautiful.
Hugs Maria

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
I never find anything that good when I shop around! You found some great pieces, and I just love the shadow box. Very well done.
Hugs,
Giac

Fabiola said...

The birdhouse is wonderful.
Bye Faby