Saturday 14 January 2012

I got a new book

I have been trying my hand at making flowers and plants, have been quite pleased with the results, but felt I could do better, I have been looking for a book that would explain how to make flowers and plants and yep I have found one, its great.
Its called Making Miniature Gardens by Freida Gray, It is divided into 2 part's first part covers Techniques and Materials, this is very useful, the instructions are clear and easy to follow, discusses many ways to make flowers, plants ect, lots of pictures to make it easy to follow.
The second part is all about Projects, there are so many you can do, from simple window boxes right through to full gardens scenes, even how to make a green house, I got this book from Amazon, and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in gardens.

Woke up today with a covering of frost everywhere, so staying in today, I am very careful when it gets very cold, my joints will get very painful if I get cold, hence staying in, its become very difficult for me now, since I have been put onto warfarin, they have taken away my anti inflammatory drugs, so when my joints become swollen there is nothing I can do, good job I can still smile.

Poor puppy, it was fatal letting her have her first haircut, she shivers when she goes outside, I cannot find a coat small enough for her, so I am going to try and adapt a woollen sock into a coat for her, that should be fun.
well better do some housework, I can see lots of dust!!! do you know the older I get the more allergic I get to that disease called hoosework, anyone else suffer from this?
bye for now hoover calling

No comments: