Sunday, 24 July 2011

quarry floor

Making progress, I laid the quarry floor then realised I had no grout, so I first varnished the tiles to protect them and used some cement that I had in my shed, mixing a small amount and using a cocktail stick, grouted it, as I had varnished first the cement did not stain the tiles and I was able to wipe them down, I then re varnished twice and you can see the effect, sometimes you have to think outside the box to reach your desired effect, I have also now got all of the windows done,  today I hope to start making the window coverings of black out curtains and criss cross the window panes.

I also made a hat and coat rack ( from my new book) I made a few adaptions as I needed it a bit smaller to fit in with my little house. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow,








back of wall, coat rack.


So pleased yesterday, those who read my blog no my other passion is my veggie garden, I picked runner beans, courgettes, beetroot and swedes, can't wait for my spuds.

So sad the news about Norway, my prayers are with you all.
Post a Comment