Wednesday 4 July 2012

Its open

Hi All

Yes I opened my Esty shop yesterday, its under debbiesminicreations, I need to find out how I put a button and link on my blog, I have only put on one item so far, will be putting more today, it took a while to set it up, now I hlope I get sales, wish me luck.

Had a great day yesterday, I seemed to get on with my minis and got some finished,

I finished the desk, I added accessories to make it look more realistic, I think now I have finished my pink theme, now will do some minis in blue, I had an old settee that at some time I had sprayed black, it had lost its cushions and fabric covers, so I striped it back to wood, that was hard going, but finally I got it to a stage where I could repaint it, I gave it a base coat of white, then used 2 shades of blue, when dry I distressed it and made covers for it, and made a blanket as a throw, I have this lovely thin wool like material, that is great for blankets,  it looks quite good, but I will leave that to you.

I also made stands for my teacup candles, I still need to fill the cups and add wicks so they look like candles, I have now got some liquid filmo, so will be doing that today.
I did get a bit carried away and made some accessories for the dolls house.
I made 2 bird houses in shabby chic

I went to our local dolls house club Monday night, we learnt to play with filmo, I made some pastry and waffles, it was great fun,

Had a phone call yesterday, my scooter arrives tomorrow. I am hoping it does not rain as I want to play with it, it will be great to get some freedom and Independence back. wait till you see it.

I have also put on some pictures of my bedroom for you to see, my son finished painting it, it just needs my pictures back up and maybe a shelf, son is doing that today,
I got a bargain on eBay, 10 tiny chandelier's, they had been part of a big chandelier and the sellar had taken them apart, they will work very well in shabby chic, have one or 2 ideas for them, but need to think about it first.



anyway enough of the chat here's the pictures









I have put lots of personal papers in the drawers




pastry and waffles I made at bthe club, need to cook them







my Kirstie Allstrop wallpaper

My edwardian dressing table, a bargain at 30.00

can you see my mannikin, I dressed this myself

picture not great, this is my chandelier








8 comments:

Fabiola said...

The bedroom is very nice.
Congrats for your Etsy shop and good luck!
Bye Faby

Jazzi said...

Congrats! Good luck Debbie xx

Mad For Mod said...

Congrats!

Norma Bennett said...

You have been busy, love the desk, so many little accessories to bring it to life.

Good luck with Etsy!!!

Maria Ireland said...

Your bedroom is beautiful. I love your wallpaper. I love the desk beautiful details. Your sofa's are wonderful. Wishing you the best of luck in your shop.
Hugs Maria

Marisa said...

Im Jealous, I want a chandelier in my bedroom too but my husband wont have it :(


Love
Marisa

Ruth said...

That's really exciting! I'll definitely check out your etsy shop. I love your pieces.

Ruth said...

P.S. If you go to the Sew Many Ways Blog, the Author, Karen has a link at the top of her page called Blogging Tips. There are instructions on how to add a button and I think there is a tutorial about adding links as well.