Wednesday 18 January 2012

projects for you

Continuing with my project today, I made a dog basket and dog coat, I thought I would show you how.

I got some Aida fabric and put It on top of a jar lid, ( this is used often for baskets ect) soaked it in diluted pva glue and left it to dry.

When dry, take off the elastic band and cut where the  band was


cut into shape


I then got some bias binding and sewed it on close to the edge, all the way round this gave me a neat edge.








I then cut out a circle to fit the base of the basket, padded it and covered with material, this was then glued into the basket, a sweet little dogs basket, you can vary the size by using different sized tops.




finished basket



Now the dog coats.
I cut out a shape in card, I just looked at my dogs coat and drew that in miniature.


I then using this as the pattern, cut out 2 pieces on fabric. (wrong sides together)
sewed these together, leaving a gap so I could turn it to its right side. sewed up the gap




, added trim, and small bit of ribbon for ties,




finished coats.

Hope you enjoyed these, more work tomorrow, maybe a few more projects we will see


6 comments:

Sandra Morris said...

Great doggy project Debbie.
Question - how do you keep your workmat so lovely and clean?
All of mine are covered in paint and glue!
Sandra x

Maria Ireland said...

Thank you Debbie for the wonderful tutorial. I love the doggy basket.
Hugs Maria

Unknown said...

thanks for your comments glad you liked the projects

Drora's minimundo said...

A lovely and easy looking tutorial. I love the idea of the doggy's coat matching the basket's blanket.
Thank you for sharing

Aida Fabric said...

Great job this is, Thanx for sharing the tutorial. This may be too much helpful for new learner's.
The creation that you have made is also too cute & shows a good experience about Cross Stitch Fabric & Aida Fabric.

Plushpussycat said...

Very creative, Debbie! Thanks for the tutorial--the result is really nice! :-) Jennifer