Friday 15 April 2011

40,s house

Had a better day yesterday, so took some photo's of my latest project I am working on,
its a 40,s house set during ww2, i hope that I am achieving the look I wanted, I have tried to make it look scruffy, so I  did not take care with wallpapering, or painting, have got to repair the bedroom window pelmet, caught it when I was adding the wardrobe,
I have lights to add to the bedroom then i can start on the attic, this is where the son sleeps, he is in the war and mum and dad are very worried as they have not had a letter for a long time, they have a parcel that they have filled for the red cross ready to send, dad is a retired railway man, but does help out with the home guard, mum just keeps it all together managering on her meagre budget, I intend to add a garden scene with vegetable plot and Anderson shelter, I have to have a story about the houses I make I find it helps me to develop it if I have a family in mind, its makes it more personal, I am having great fun with this one and it will eventually be displayed in my workroom,
I will try to remember to put on some tuts of the miniatures I made for this little house
Today its more packing and sorting so much stuff, but nothing will get thrown away,
My family think I am mad at times ( well all the time) I am now saving toilet rolls, I intend to use them as protection for my vegetable plants in my garden when I plant them out. my other project is my vegetable garden and I try to be as green as possible with it, when i first moved here the garden was just a small field with lots of nettles, now I have a lawn and a vegetable plot, and this year I have plans to redesign it, will show you when its done
please feel free to add comments about my work
watch this space for more to come











No comments: