Thursday, 24 March 2016

Now this was hard

Hi All

Before I talk about myself and what I have been doing, I want to extend my sympathy to the families of the people that have lost their live in the recent bombing's.
I cannot understand where it is right to take lives in the name of religion,  I do not think we will ever have a peaceful land. 


I had started the dinosaur hoodie for Jack and yesterday I finished it, and it was one of the hardest things I had ever done. 
First I added a zip, not the right colour but  I did not want to spend a lot of money and this and will only what I have in my stash. which turned out to be light blue.

I then made the dinosaur spikes to go in the hoodie, the tutorial I had seen showed stitched the spikes opened on the hoodie first, I decided to make them a bit different. I had some stiff stiffener in my stash, so I made the spikes using that to hold them upright, I edged the sides with dark green bias binding. I then added a row of open smaller spikes to the hoodie and stitched the spikes to this, I had to use a brown tape along each sides, not only did this add a decorative bit, importantly it hid some of the dreadful stitching underneath.

Finally after a very long day I completed it!!

Today I will be making the tail. like how I said that confidently, we will see,

the dinosaur spikes along the back

the front, I added the dinosaur figures to the front.





Post a Comment