Wednesday 14 November 2012

new work

Hi All

Yes i finally got some minis done, I decided to get on and finish work I had already started before starting anything new, I am desperate to start on my gypsy caravan,

I have been working on a nursery set, I finished the cot and cradle, as usual made them shabby chic, I am making a mobile to go on the cot, which is gluing as we speak, so today will be finishing that.

I also varnished my bathroom cabinets, they are looking good, I am now working on the pine wall unit, hopefully will get that painted today. My bathroom is coming on, we are at the painting stage, that should be done this weekend, I am trying to work out what kind of window covering I want, the way the shower is positioned it looks like I will have to have a blind, will wait till its all finished, to see what I think.

As for me, I am getting about much easier and do not seem to get as breathless as before, I am on new medication and that appears to be having an effect, I am ok as long as I take life at a slower pace and learn to listen to my body and rest when I need to. easier said than done.

well on to photos of work so far





I fell in love with this lovely material and had to use it, its a shame the photo does not do it justice, I have more to do and I am making a bed for it to go on.
 

6 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
Glad you seem to be doing better! The nursery set is beautiful. I lvoe the lace detail. It is so well done.
Big hug,
Giac

Fabiola said...

Your baby items are wonderful.
Bye Faby

Drora's minimundo said...

The nursary set is lovely and delicate. I love your work.
I also like the bed set. It looks very elegant.
Hugs, Drora

Isabel said...

Es un trabajo precioso la colchita de la cuna es una monada. Felicidades. Besitos

Jazzi said...

Beautiful work Debbie! Glad to hear you are breathing better. Take care xxx

Ruth said...

Ooooh! I love that adorable Nursery Set! Maybe someday I'll venture into furniture making, but I don't think I'll ever be as talented as you.
Mini Hugs,
Ruth