Sunday 27 May 2012

we still have sun

Hi All

yes we still have SUN, and its here for a few more days, yippee!! and we are still hotter than abroad, I know I am bragging, will stop now.

Have got to say Hello to my new followers, hope you stay awhile and enjoy my blog, leave a comment, I love comments.

I finally got back to doing some minis this weekend, how is it when I am doing a project my mind can wander and I start something else, I now have 3 on the go, yesterday when I was in my garden, I came across a lovely piece of wood, now I do not usually do modern miniatures, but something about this shape shouted at me, coffee table, so after I cleaned it up, sanded it down, varnished it, I added some tiny concrete blocks and I have a coffee table, and I like it. What do you think?




this is the wood I found

varnished and placed on the blocks




the next thing I worked on was my new project for the club, I had made the floor but was not really happy with it, and while I was looking for material to use for this project I came across a piece that I thought would work even better, so I replaced the floor with this and I am so glad I did, I love it now, I put some more paint on, this time using red. I also made the floor higher so that it will fit in better, It coming on nicely, I now have to work out how to drape the material on the inside, more thought needed.


the picture does not really show the floor very well, in the centre there is a satin bird.

I have not forgotten my duck coop, I have managed to dress dad, there has been a lot of swearing, sweating, screaming, but I finally got there, remind me not to try to dress something that has a long tail sticking out the back!!!, I also put skirting board around the coop and started to make a little floor in the roof,





Well as you can see I have been busy, tomorrow is another day, see you then


4 comments:

Anna said...

Great find for the table! Yes, sometimes these pieces just "want" to come by themselves!! :)
The duck is wonderful! ( and all other!!)
Greetings!!

Jazzi said...

I do like the table Deb! Very mod and natural too!

Fabiola said...

The duck is wonderful!
I like the small table.
Bye Faby

Ascension said...

Una buena idea esa mesita, queda perfecta.
Seguro que estas disfrutando muchisimo con tu nuevo proyecto.
besitos ascension