Sunday 29 January 2012

Great finds and a new book

Hi all
found some great items yesterday at my favourite junk shop, "the Attic" I try not to visit here to much as I always come away with something, its one of those shops that has everything and its jumbled up so you have to really look, I always come away with something I did not know I needed till I saw it, you do that or is it just me?
anyway on to the finds, there are a lot of pictures for you to see,
The first lot of pictures is from a great book called "Dolls for the Princesses"
this is about 2 dolls called "France and Marianne" these were gifts for Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret, they were presented to King George V in 1924, from France, the dolls are beautiful and came complete with the finest of clothes and accessories , they are I think on display at Windsor castle along side Queen Marys dolls house, ( I have that book as well)
this book cost me £2.50 and is such a bargain, I would of paid much more for it,
now I will let the pictures speak for themselves, grab a coffee and enjoy.


























the other finds are some crocheted doily's , these I will use as maybe bedding, tablecloths,depends were they take me,
One I very carefully cut up and this gave me loads ,
so having had such a great day yesterday, today is my Pyjamas day, I sit and watch the reruns of Dallas all morning.
hope you enjoy the pictures




5 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Your book was a wonderful find. Thank you for sharing the photos. At that time who even dreamt about Barbies.
Hugs

Maria Ireland said...

Your book is a fantastic find what a beautiful book. Your other finds are also beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday.
Hugs Maria

Eliana said...

The book is wonderful! Beautiful crocheted!

Unknown said...

thanks for your comments, will try and put pictures of queen marys dolls house next week

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Great book and wonderful findings. Aren't those antique stores a wonder?Yesterday I found in my local Antique store bargain old magazines "Dolls and Crafts" full of patterns, some of them could be easily transferred to 1/12th scale. Love crochet pieces.