Tuesday 20 September 2011

making progress

Awake early today, well if I am honest did not have a lot of sleep, why does pain wait for you to relax and then jump in and says got ya, so in the end I got up and worked on my project, I find when I am occupied I can sometimes switch off the pain, so armed with the paint brush I carried on painting, I have used gold to highlight the window and door,
for the ceiling I used a design that I had in my stash and painted it, when it was dry I cut out the bits I wanted and placed it on the ceiling, I think it looks quite effective,
I needed to check I had enough floor tiles, so I drew the shape put and started to place the tiles, and what did I find I do not have enough to cover all the floor, so I messed about and came up with a design that will fit, but that meant I had to come up with something else to cover the floor, after checking my paints I found some black, so I have painted the floor black and hopefully can lay the tiles tomorrow.
The front door was also painted gold and I have added a Egyptian figure to the front. I made a decision to cover the front with a lovely brick paper that I found, I really need to check out my boxes to see what I really have got,
well that how far I have got,
I could not help bragging about my new shelving, have got a picture for you now I have put on my ornaments, I made the love sign, my bronze Indian's I have had for a long time, i really love this. check out the photos.



you can see the black painted floor

the door not yet attached

I used some brown tiles on the window fronts

my new shelving

2 comments:

Teresa Goller said...

Your shop is coming along nicely and the shelf looks great with all the treasures on it!!! Feel better soon!

Maru said...

Cada vez se ve mejor esa tienda, me encanta lo que estás haciendo en ella. Y la estantería, fantástica, muy original y con esas cosas queda preciosa. Que te mejores :-)
Un beso.