Thursday, 22 September 2011

floor done

First I must thank you all for your lovely comments, i love reading them.
so chuffed my miniatures was shown in the lastest Dolls House and Miniature scene magazine, they showed my ruined settee and a room box, at last my name in lights.


Finally got the floor finished, due to not having enough tiles I had to adapt and change my idea and lay what I had in this pattern ( see photo) I also experimented with printing my own fabric, I first found some pics that I thought would lend its self to being printed as fabric, scanned them, messed about with them using my photo programme, then printed, not that happy with the results, they ended up looking faded, I am finding that with my Kodak printer the inks maybe a lot cheaper, the printing colours are poor, luckily I still have my older one, so going to try with that, as they say you get what you pay for, and this time it seems I did.`

I have also been busy making cushions for my bed, I found a lovely bedspread in pinks and whites, I had red cushions on my bed so they had to go, in my stash I had some lovely vintage flowered material, never throw anything away you never know when you will be able to use it, anyway made 4 cushions, they look great but now I have decided that the wall paper does not go, so added that to my list of jobs to be done, this list is getting longer,

went into my work room this morning and its a mess, so will have to tidy before I can start again, that's after doing the washing, hovering, dusting oh dear why do we have to do these things, well better get on see you all soon.





Post a Comment