Wednesday 17 November 2010

AS PROMISED

As promised I have been very busy creating and making items for my latest project
Egyptian shop,
I made the pots from wooden beads which I painted gold and added tops, others were made from beads and findings, I had a book which showed some pictures so I cut them out, laminated them and later I will frame them, I had a wire settee which I sprayed black and high lighted in gold. my favorite piece is the gold casket, i will be having this spilling over with gold and silver jewels, The furniture has also been sprayed gold, My hardest part was deciding how to do the wall, I finally made some wallpaper from pictures I had in my book, I still have more to do, as I want the shop filled with lots of goodies,
there are a lot of pictures for you to see, including all the items I have brought.


items I have made or decorated






furniture sprayed gold ready for decorating



items I have brought







double fronted shop before pictures


I am still in the process of making my items, still got to make a counter  and lots more pots, I made a great discovery I had some gold paint in a little dish which I had just left, when I went back the next day it had become a gold powder so I filled 2 jars with it the effect was great and it really looked like gold in the pots, funny how somethings just happen,
I hope you are enjoying my blog, I would love to hear your comments on the miniatures that I create, I am really excited about this project and I am having a lot of fun with it.
I have also been starting to do my web site, I hope to be able to sell some of my work from here, buts it taking me a bit of time to set it up I will get there soon I hope
well my friends until the next time bye for now

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi Deb. I have just discovered your blog. I would like to read it from the beginning. You have beautiful things. Like you, I am a Leo who loves to read Catherine Cookson. I think I have probably read all her books by now.

Leilani said...

WOW!! So many beautiful things. This is going to be another great room. I can see it already.


Sarah

Cyndy said...

Oh my daughter is going to love seeing all your wonderful Egyptian creations!