Sunday 27 February 2011

new projects for ebay plus tutorial for a pram

still waiting for the work room to be started, and now that is going to happen I have thought of a few more things I would like to buy, so decided to get going on some miniatures to sell on eBay, I have started with a pram, it was black metal and really quite plain, so i have changed it.
here is how I did it

the pram, I started by painting the wheel spokes in gold paint, I also did the pram handles, when this was dry, i repainted the wheels black.

I drew round the pram, selected the material I would use, and using the templates I had made cut them out.

this is the pattern I would be using for a little carrier on the front of the pram, I first cut it out in card, covered with pretty paper, covered in the same fabric as the pram, glued together to form the box shape.

this shows the fabric glued into place on the pram

pram covered, I have also added a trim, this helps to cover the join lines, added some jewellery findings to the body for decoration,

front view of the pram, showing the cover in place.

I  still have the small box to add to the front of the pram, and make the little tray, that rests on the base of the pram, I have made a small pram cover and pillow for the pram and will add more photos later.


The other miniature I have redesigned  keeping in with the baby scene, I have redone a cot


cot before

new top made, using white silk and lace

cot after, I made a matching cot cover and pillow

cot in all its glory
still have some more pieces to do, will add more as I do them, I hope you like what I have done so far, and I welcome your comments,
now its time for walking the dog and cooking tea, see all you later

No comments: